A well-planned bathroom will require more design time than any other room in the house because a lot gets packed into the bathroom: fixtures, lots of plumbing, specialty electrical equipment, tiling, cabinetry, a door and possibly a window to name a few. All this has to fit into a relatively small space and should ideally achieve a spacious and comfortable setting.
A bathroom needs to reflect both practicality and a sense of style and cohesion. When planning your bathroom renovation, certain amenities should be taken into consideration in order to maximize the long-term value of the renovation project. The following are some tips and design suggestions of the latest trends in bathroom renovations:
- Many homeowners are opting to put the toilet in its own little room for privacy and to achieve the clean look.
- If the bathroom has very little light you should choose light colors and mirrors to make the room look brighter and bigger than it is. If the room has natural light you can go for a darker color.
- Explore a wide range of sink options from copper bowls and vessel sinks to wall mounted units with under cabinets.
- For the toilet you have a lot of options ranging from space-saving wall mounted options to dual-flush and low-flow tank systems. You can even get automated toilets and flush plates installed directly into the wall.
- Finally, stocking the bathroom area with luxury products and plush towels can make a bold and luxurious statement.
At Mattioni Plumbing we have an extensive range of bathroom accessories and fixtures in our showroom to suit every individual taste. If you are thinking of remodeling your bathroom, contact us to schedule an appointment. 610-400-8510