Expert Garbage Disposal Service for Chester County
When your garbage disposal is doing what it’s supposed to – disposing of garbage – everything is fine. All the food scraps are churned up and go down the drain, and you’re free to move on with your day.
But when something happens to your garbage disposal, problems abound. Since it’s a complicated unit of machinery, it has lots of moving parts that could all malfunction or come loose. The blades can rust or dull as you use it over time, the motor can stop working, and other issues can pop up eventually.
Give us a call at +1 (610) 400 8510 to speak to a team member who will help you with your garbage disposal concerns!
Garbage Disposal Repair in West Chester
Garbage disposals make quick work of food waste, but they can break or fail under the right conditions. At Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc., we offer fast, same-day garbage disposal repairs for any problem you may encounter, such as:
- Tripped breakers or safety switch
- Leaking drain connections
- Dull or broken blades
- Seized motors
For garbage disposal repairs in West Chester or the surrounding areas, call 484-699-0162 or schedule service online today.
Garbage Disposal Installation & Repair
In general, you can expect a garbage disposal to last 7 to 15 years before a replacement is necessary. When you need a new garbage disposal for your Chester County, turn to our team at Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. for help choosing and installing the right model for your needs. We offer garbage disposal installation and replacement services throughout Chester County, complete with upfront pricing, exceptional service, and professional results.
Has your garbage disposal failed? Request a quote for a garbage disposal replacement or new installation by calling 484-699-0162 or contacting us online.
What Not to Put Down Your Disposal
Garbage disposals are quite powerful and can reduce food waste to small particles in a matter of seconds, but there are some foods that can stop a garbage disposal cold. To avoid clogging, seizing, or damaging your garbage disposal, never use it to grind the following:
- Fibrous fruits and vegetables – The stringy fibers in celery, banana peels, asparagus, and corn husks can wrap around and tangle in the blades.
- Eggshells – The membrane just below the shell of an egg can wrap around the blades of your garbage disposal and cause it to jam.
- Coffee grounds and spices – Granular materials like coffee grounds and spices can accumulate in drain pipes and traps, causing clogs.
- Pasta and rice – Foods like pasta, rice, and oats can absorb water and expand after they leave the garbage disposal, clogging the drain pipes.
- Potatoes and beans – The starches in beans, potatoes, and similar foods can create a sticky coating on the blades and interior of the garbage disposal.
- Grease – Grease, cooking oil, and peanut butter can congeal in the drain, leading to clogs.
- Bones and shells – Bones, nuts, shells, or peach pits can damage the blades of the garbage disposal or dull them.
For more garbage disposal tips, call 484-699-0162 or contact us online!
Schedule Garbage Disposal Services Today!
Don’t spend too much time figuring out what to do when you encounter this issue. Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling knows how important it is to have an operational garbage disposal, and how it’s even more important to make sure a professional handles a broken one.
Disposals involve extremely sharp blades spinning very quickly, and even though you might be sure it’s unplugged or not working, accidents can still happen.
If you’ve got a disposal question or concern, don’t try and fix it yourself. Mattioni has been serving Chester County for more than 70 years, and our team knows the proper safety steps to follow to ensure we perform a job without an accident.